Whenever you have a bad day, it is all-too easy to get sucked into a vortex of negative emotions. Sadness can be hard to dismiss, and when you are having an off day, it can sometimes feel like the end of the world. However, you can fix that! Here are some good tips to escape the negativity and turn your day onto a more positive note:
1. Don’t beat yourself up. When you’re feeling down, instead of getting frustrated with your negative emotions and feeling guilty for having a bad day, recognize that everyone has them and give yourself some grace. Accept that everyday is not perfect (most days aren’t), but every day has an ending and you can start fresh the following morning.
2. Buy your favorite meal/snack. Once you’ve accepted that a day isn’t really “your day,” take action towards making yourself feel better. You want French fries? Find the nearest McDonalds. Buy that ice cream that you have been craving for a week. A little treat could make a huge difference and give you a nice boost to get through the rest of the day.
3. Get moving. Work out. Exercise. Endorphins are wonderful, and when you work out and exercise your muscles, these “happy hormones” can significantly improve your mood and state of mind. Sometimes the last thing on earth that sounds appealing is exercise (especially when your day has been less than satisfactory). However, if you can muster the energy and determination, I guarantee that a nice walk, short run, relaxing swim, etc. could leave your body feeling better and your mood much improved.
4. Surround yourself with people that you love. It can be tempting to be alone when in a bad mood, but 9 times out of 10, being alone will probably only make you feel worse. Call up your friend, have a nice phone conversation with your brother, or make a visit to see your parents. Company and community can be a great way to get out of a “funk,” so try to avoid secluding yourself and surround yourself by people who love you.
5. Treat yourself! You deserve it. Whether it’s a small vacation, a wonderful meal, a fun activity, a small present to yourself, or a massage, be nice to yourself. You’ll thank yourself later. Everyone has bad days. The best thing that you can do is to accept it, don’t worry, and do things to make yourself happy.
Reviews like this one from a chair massage client make me happy!
Excellent and Attentive
“Janet always does a good job and is very attentive to specific problem areas. She listens and adapts to each client’s preferences. “
Want to treat yourself to a much-needed mobile chair massage to share the happiness in your office environment? Have your HR department contact Massage Kneads today to get started by calling CEO Janet Constantino at 404-664-3221 and checking out our website at www.CorporateMassageKneads.com!