1. How does your program work? Massage Kneads is a corporate wellness company that works with large clients to meet their “kneads” for chair massage, nutrition, personal training and NOW yoga! Like massage, we are flexible and work with our clients to design a program that works with their internal wellness initiatives. Our programs bring a sense of well-being for the employee as well as a feeling of contentment that their employer cares about the employee leading to greater productivity at work.
2. How often can my company schedule your services? We have many clients and their requests vary. Some examples of a typical request include: once a week, monthly, quarterly, once a month for a birthday celebration, a reward for the completion of a big project, the end of tax season, or part of an incentive program for health and wellness, to name of few.
3. What is the difference between Massage Kneads and other national companies? Massage Kneads is owned by Janet Constantino, a licensed massage therapist with 14+ years experience in the massage arena. Massage Kneads specializes primarily in corporate chair massage. We do not have a “box” store front offering table massage, spa treatments, etc. nor do we affiliate with national franchise businesses owners (not massage therapists) that offer chair massage as an “add on” to their business model. As Massage Kneads is owned by a certified and licensed massage therapist, your company can be assured of the right therapist (certified, licensed, professional and experienced) offering the proper type of massage for your company and employees.
4. Where is your company located? Where are your service areas? Our corporate office is headquartered in Baltimore, MD specializing in the mid Atlantic region: Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC. We have expanded our service areas to due client requests: Boston, Massachusetts, Raleigh, North Carolina and Dallas, Texas along with a satellite office in Cary, North Carolina with our partner company, we are rapidly growing with providers all over the U.S.
5. What other paperwork is involved to start the program at my office? A corporate contract is required for all services and must be signed prior to your date of service. This contract states all details about your company including your company address, point of contact, the type of service to be delivered as well as and the date and time of your event. A Liability Waiver is also signed by the client prior to receiving massage.
We look forward to the prospect of earning your business and to servicing your “kneads!”
Give us a call TODAY so we can start working on YOUR workplace wellness program!
Escape. Experience. Enjoy.